DOT Co2 Laser — The Go To Gay Guy Has It Done and Documents It

by Dean Hervochon on September 7, 2011

“>

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Stephanie September 8, 2011 at 11:14 am

Greetings Dean,

Have to say your face and skin looked pretty amazing prior to your laser treatment! But am happy you are happy with the results. I am a Latina, age 36, with medium skin tone and had Fraxel laser done two years ago. Loved how it smoothed out the texture of my skin, however I have been left with two brown spots on my cheeks that I did not have prior to the treatment. Went to my new derm and skin guru, whom I love in west hollywood, & she told me no more laser for my skin type as the Fraxel created the brown spots or burns as she calls them. Moral of my story is for ethnic skin peeps to be very cautious when it comes to laser treatments.

Dean Hervochon September 8, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Hey Stephanie!
You’re right about making sure that your “skin type” is compatable with the laser. I can’t stress enough how important it is for you to find a cosmetic/laser doc that knows what they’re doing before you have anything done. There is an amazing derm doc in Oakland / San Francisco who has a fellowship in lasers from Harvard. Her name is:
Tomi Wall.
She might be able to help you with your issue. It might be worth a trip to see her. Tell her I sent you and give her a big hug for me. YOU WILL LOVE HER! Thanks for the cautionary comment! xo Dean

Kelli Bartlett September 9, 2011 at 8:47 am

Dean,
Thank you for sharing the process of this procedure.
You look fantastic and this video makes me want to try it… I know it’s
criticle to have a doctor that is very experienced though.
The thought sort of scares me… but maybe I can be brave? :)
Thanks for being our Go To guy! You do a great job!

Dean Hervochon September 18, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Hey Kelli!
You can do it! As long as you find the right doc, follow instructions and you’ll get great results. Thanks for the kind words. -Dean-

Carlton Bain October 26, 2012 at 8:23 am

Hi Dean,
Great look and great tips.. I didn’t know of this particular procedure – I’m glad I stumbled across it through you.
Since it’s been a while since you’ve had this done, would you post and/or send an updated photo. Did you see long-lasting effects? Just curious.

Carlton

David March 6, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Hi Dean,

Thanks for posting your experience with the C02 Laser procedure – very helpful! I have just 3 questions: (1) how much is too much to pay for this procedure? I’m not sure what is considered to be a reasonable amount to pay. (2) I know you like the results. So how often should you have this procedure done again for maintenance? (3) Any particular reason why you chose this laser procedure versus other lasers or skin treatments? Any feedback you can give me would be very helpful! I appreciate you! Thanks!

David March 9, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Hi Dean,

Hope you are doing well. Can you tell me what is the best sunscreen for men to use? So many sunscreens leave your face looking pale white. No dude wants a pale white face! But yet I would want the skin protection that a sunscreen offers. What do you recommend for men?