Yawning? – Could You Please Cover Your Mouth?

by Dean Hervochon on June 7, 2011

How many times has someone yawned on you?  Does it gross you out too?  Check out my video and let me know what you think!  Thanks.

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

david June 8, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I agree! I used to work with a 50+ year old woman who would do a full, uncovered yawn in my face as I was talking with her! This was avery educated, and highly intellegent woman. I was very relieved to see her do this to others because until then, I assumed she was bored with what I was saying! COVER YOUR MOUTH when you yawn, cough or sneeze! You look like such a low rent skank if you don’t!

Dean Hervochon June 9, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Bored with what you were saying? Never! If she burped on you, then I’d be concerned. Her rudeness is about her, not you. I understand yawning when you’re talking to someone, but cover your mouth and say “I’m sorry, it’s not you!” (Even if it is!) Thanks for the comment David. Dean

T June 8, 2011 at 6:49 pm

Really, Dean? I mean a Moron is the front-runner of the Republowclown party, we’re having a Weinerfest in New York, the Arab Spring looks like its turning into a long hot summer, and we’re talking about ill-mannered yawners? Really?

We should be railing against nitwits who wait until they’re half way through their turn before signaling – or don’t signal at all! Urrrghh Now THAT is annoying.

Dean Hervochon June 9, 2011 at 8:00 am

T….
You know as well as I do that I rail against all that other places. And I have been railing, especially about Weinergate. It’s so stupid. Who cares? That’s his and his wife’s business, no one else. Everyone should just stay out of it. I’d say that he was set up, but he was stupid. Either way, it’s none of our business. I don’t care that he’s sending pix over the Internet. We as a society have set him up to lie. ANYONE would lie in that situation if they thought their career was on the line. He shouldn’t have been forced to even talk about it, and that was his downfall. I am going to do a video series on driving. Right hand turns from the left lane, tailgating, sitting in the left-hand land and not moving over. It’s coming! Hope all is well. Dean

T June 11, 2011 at 12:47 pm

You are so right! Can’t wait for the driving series.

Sara June 9, 2011 at 10:08 pm

How true! Do you cover your mouth when yawning in private? What’s the protocol?

Dean Hervochon June 9, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Don’t make me reveal that! It goes back to if a tree falls in the woods…?
The way I look at it, is that you do things when you’re by yourself that you would never do in front of other people — unless you want to gross them out. You don’t pick you nose in front of people and…oh, never mind! You get the point. I wondering that if you don’t cover your mouth when you’re alone if that is being rude to yourself? Here’s my warning: If you start yawning without covering in private, you’re setting yourself up to not do it in public. It’s gonna snowball… Sara, this has gotten so complicated!

tom terhaar June 15, 2011 at 6:53 pm

didn’t realize you could open your mouth that wide…..while it is rude it does provide you with useful inforation about a person for later in the evening……

Beckiie July 22, 2011 at 4:06 am

Yawning in someone’s face is very rude. I agree with most people. Yawning RIGHT in someone’s face isn’t polite at all.
Cover your mouth when you open it, besides talking.

Dean Hervochon July 22, 2011 at 8:23 am

I’ll admit, I’m not 100% when I yawn, as was pointed out to me the other day! Sometimes I hate people! Thanks for the comments. Keep coming back! —Dean